Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Theme: The Savior and His Life.



During this Easter time, we celebrate the life of Him who gave us the possibility of obtaining eternal life: the life of Jesus Christ. He was the Son of God, sent to earth to show us the way we should live to return back to our Heavenly Father:

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son... that the world through him might be saved” (John 3:16 – 17)

Another beautiful rose pic (photoshopped)

“... I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:6)


Wiesendangen (Countryside)

He taught us His Gospel, performed miracles and established His church through proper authority:

“And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles” (Luke 6:13)

Botanic Gardens8

“And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease...

… These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

But rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel...

… Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give...” (Matthew 10:1, 5 – 6, 8)


Bottlebrush

“Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you” (John 15:16)

Clouds2

The most important miracle he performed for us all was the Atonement. "The Atonement included his suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane as well as His suffering and death on the cross" (Preach My Gospel, pp. 32):

“And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt...

… O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done” (Matthew 26:39, 42)


Dying Rose

On the third day, he arose from the tomb, a resurrected being, “the first that should rise from the dead” (Acts 26:23):

“And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

But they were terrified and afrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? Why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have” (Luke 24:36 – 39)


RoseC (photoshopped)

Through Jesus Christ and His Atonement, all mankind may be saved and have the chance of returning back to live with God.

No comments: